Monday 1 November 2010

The Big Idea. Continued.

Downtown Toronto
The next time I traveled to Canada was two and a half years later in the summer of 2007. The extremes of winter and summer were pretty obvious. The previous time I had been in Guelph, it was about minus twenty degrees and snowing. This time it was around thirty plus. I couldn't believe it. What struck me about Canada was how much bigger everything was compared to the UK. The cars, the roads, the scenery, the stores. It was on this trip I discovered one of the most amazing elements about Canada: Tim Horton's. The coffee got me hooked. Double double all the way. The longer I stayed in Canada, the more I loved it. It also became more apparent to me how just exactly how underrated it is.
                                                                                  


With every day I discovered more about Canada and its culture. It was so great, and my love for the country increased. While talking to some friends while I was there who were from America on Facebook I was informed that Canada was nothing but "a big plot of land full of igloos, polar bears and log cabins". Ignorant twat. I'm sure all of you who have been or live in Canada know that there is so, so much more to it then that.

No comments:

Post a Comment